Monday, August 10, 2015

The Long War...an analogy on life. (Strap in ladies and gents, this post is going D-str deep)


What's Changed?

Nothing...and everything. In many ways, 40k still has the same mechanics. Reserves, move, psychic phase, shoot/run, assault. Right?

But the advent of the formation was merely the tip of the iceberg and decurion-style formations are prevalent throughout all the recently updated codices. Space Marines, Dark Angels, at the forefront of this madness. It is likely come the Fall, we as a community will see the Tau and others get the same treatment (for better or worse remains to be seen?).

Traitor's evolve

Why the outdated picture of a loyalist knight I converted into a chaos knight nearly a year ago? I'm sure everyone reading has seen forgeworlds experimental rules for chaos knights, and that new beautiful chaos knight sculpt they debuted. What does this mean for IA:13 Heretics and Renegades? It means that we will have the melee capability we needed to really take it to the enemy, more flexibility is always good. In my humble opinion, I think the khorne knight will be the most prevalent chaos knight variant we will see. Again, only time will tell, but clearly it was only a matter of time for chaos to get "all the loyalist goodies" as my friend (an avid imperial fist player) has always lamented.

What can you expect from me in the coming months?

On my hiatus, I've moved to a new place, and new job. All of which took time from the hobby. I promise you at least weekly updates on the hobby I love and enjoy.

Look for simple and straight forward painting tutorials with pictures and project updates.

Due to my location it's incredibly difficult to get games in, but I will see what I can do. In the meantime, game on!


No comments:

Post a Comment